“God created man in His own image” – Genesis, Bible.
Did God create man to his own or is it just the reverse? Let’s have a look at the characteristics of God, it’s very strangely to what we would want him to be. Man’s greatest fears are: Loneliness, sickness, death and all that is taken care of by God
- God Characteristics:
- We don’t like being alone: God is omnipresent (even when no one is with us) and is with us at all times; he never let’s us down
- We want some comfort especially through difficult times: God is always with us and will help us when we are in trouble
- We want to be forgiven for what wrong we have done and be able to start again with a clean slate: God forgives
- We don’t want things to end when we die – humans fear Death: God never gives up on us even when we die; instead we are brought closer to God, in paradise
- We don’t like unfairness: God sees all and punishes unfairness
Even more, even God’s traits seem very similar to us:
- God’s traits:
- You need to worship God – if God is so strong, remember he created the universe, does he need worshipping. That’s more like “Small Gods”of Terry Pratchett😉
- You should believe in only one God – oddly similar to man’s ego
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
I don’t intend to disprove (or prove) the existence of God through this post. If it could be proved or disproved, other would have proved or disproved it a long time ago. I’m just presenting a few facts which seem funny/weird and seem to prove just the opposite that the Bible (or other book says). It’s far from complete and it might even seem biased – agnostic perspective.
Furthermore we would no longer need to believe in the existence of God if we could prove it. We need to believe because there is no absolute proof that it exists.
So believing or not believing should never be imposed on anyone!