2008 is here and as usual the
doom sayers astronomers are back ready to predict the end of the world with their wise predictions. Let’s have a look:
Le monde… vu par Neer Jyotish – 5 Plus Dimanche
– De nombreuses reformes sociales et politiques sont a prevoir. Elles ne seront pas toujours positives
– La haine religieuse et raciale s’accentura
– Les hommes auront une plus esperance de vie plus longue. Nous aurons beaucoup de centenaires en 2008
– Les terroristes menaceront la paix dans le monde
How interesting!!! Mr Neer Jyotish is sure to have have a 100% track record at the end of 2008 and the least that we can say is that he’s playing it very very safe. Analysing what he said:
- What is “nombreuses”? Any number of changes would fit in that and they might be positive or negative. Well well that covers anything that could happen in the political arena
- This follows the current trend – wars are not going to stop
- Life expectance has been steadily risisng year after year – is it going to stop rising in 2008?
- They have been doing so for the past couple of years, are they going to stop next year?
I could be an astronomer as well:
- Prices are going to rise in 2008 and people won’t be happy about it
- The world will have to face wars
- The climate will be harsh
- Computing power is going to increase in 2008 – yeah!!!! (I’m not forgetting our geek friends)
If you don’t mind me saying that, it’s a big load of crap! However, he has one precise prediction: “a plane crash in the Indian Ocean”. If that holds true, he’ll be a hero. But hold on, look back at 2007 – what major events did we have? How many did astronomers get right? A 10% accuracy would surprise me – a random number generator will do better than most of our astronomers.
My accurate predictions:
- A war will break up in Africa
- A big cyclone will hit Central America
- A major political figure will step down in 2008
- A train crash in India will leave many deads
So let’s see who gets it right